Once you clear custom and enter into Montego Bay arrival hall, you will be approached by many tour operators. They are selling their services for the best price possible. They will provide safe shuttle transportation from the airport to your hotel. However, if you want private transportation, sometimes it is not so easy for the price you are willing to pay.
Therefore, it is best to arrange your private transportation prior to landing into Montego Bay. The prices varies depending on where in Jamaica. Here are some guidelines in US$ for private transportation for up to three people:
- Montego Bay airport to hotels in and around Montego Bay – $35 to $50 one way
- Montego Bay airport to hotels in Ocho Rios – $80 to $95 one way
- Montego Bay airport to hotels in Negril – $65- $70 one way
- Montego Bay airport to Grand Palladium in Lucea – $50 to $60
- Montego Bay airport to hotels or friends in Kingstons – $230 -$300
Many adventurous people attempt to take taxis that are not insured, nor certified. We don’t recommend those forms of transportation because it can create a problem. Here are a few reasons:
- If there is an accident, there are no recourse
- Prices varies and once you get into their cars, anything can happen
- Stops along the way at local shops are frequent
- Clean cars with air condition is not an option
- They are not certified to transfer tourist around the island
Therefore, follow the same rules in your own country. In Jamaica taxing tourist around the island is a form of survival. Many of these people are safe drivers, and good people. However, without the proper license and insurance, you actually place your wonderful vacation at risk.
If you would like to use our services from Montego Bay to Negril or to any of the resorts around the island, excellent. We can also refer you to other licensed transportation operators.